Make 2024 A Content Marketing Success
With 2024 right around the corner, it’s time to craft your Q1 strategy and tackle new year marketing goals. If you want consistent success throughout the year, it’s important to plan your content strategy early so you can start strong and avoid playing catch-up later.
If you and your brand need inspiration, consider a few tips and ideas:
5 Content Marketing Tips for the New Year:
1. Start Planning Content Early
Editors (particularly magazines) plan their content 2-3 months ahead of time and often struggle to fill space in Q1 after the busy holiday season. Your brand will have a better chance to stand out with high-quality placements if you plan ahead.
2. Utilize Multiple Digital and Print Platforms
If you want to maximize the reach of your brand’s content, it’s a good idea to utilize multiple forms of media. Combine print and digital to broaden your overall exposure. For example, adding video and social media amplification are great ways to give your content a digital “push” to reach new audiences.
3. Stay on Top of 2024 Trends
Some of the top predicted trends for 2024 include short-form videos (with increased spending on video content overall), content syndication, podcasts and interactive content.
4. Take Advantage of Timely and Seasonal Themes
Whether your product is a key ingredient in suave dishes, the next must-have tech item or a stylish home remodeling product, take advantage of popular food, lifestyle and home and garden trends.
- Patrick’s Day – Among the 44% of consumers who plan to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, 28% intend to gather with family or friends and 27% intend to go out for food or drinks.
- Easter – “Easter endures as an important holiday for many Americans, signifying new beginnings and a time of celebration with friends and family,” according to the National Retail Federation. Consumers planned to spend a collective $24 billionon Easter in 2023.
5. Understand Your Audience
It’s important to understand the type of content your target audience is interested in. People look for content that is both engaging and relatable to their lives; it’s helpful to have as much insight as possible so you can craft your messaging to fill that niche. It’s easier to connect to your consumer base when you create content that not only caters directly to them, but also positions your brand as an expert and reliable source.
Don’t fall behind! Refresh your content strategy now and get ready to make 2024 your best year yet. Give us a call to start your Q1 with a bang.